Saturday, September 17, 2011

Artist Profile: Lisa Nicchi

Lisa Nicchi
Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
Education: Business (Entrepreneurship), Fine Arts

"I have a great love for art, making art, those who create any sort of art, sketching, painting, drinking coffee, quotes, & old things (I'm an old soul at heart)."

"I feel so honored to have become a part of the Womynhouse Exhibit and family. I learned about the original Womanhouse in my Art in Los Angeles class, and when I was invited to be one of the women in this creative exchange of ideas, concepts, and art, I was so excited!"

"I attended an all-girls high school, and let me tell ya': there were times of endless messy hair, days & days without shaving, and always wearing no makeup.  It was nice to not have to worry so much about what I looked like, and I sort of became accustomed to that. I do not wear makeup, except on those rare special occasions. I use my hairdryer more for art than my actual hair and am proud.  I do not wear makeup because the application is sometimes annoying, but removing mascara is the worst.  Also, boys can't wear makeup to cover up their acne or to accentuate their gorgeous eyes, so why should women have to doll up for them and surpass that standard?  Natural beauty has a quality of rawness that is unexplainable; no one needs to distract from this with powders and liquids. And i believe all you women out there do not need to wear makeup! However, it's simply a personal opinion of mine."

"I am so thrilled to be a part of such a lovely, beautiful group of artistic women that create the unique Womynhouse. I hope the audience turnout for the exhibition is great, that our creative output influences the way that the viewers interpret the female experience, changes and broadens people's perspectives, inspires others to create, and that the bond I have with the womyn in this group continues to strengthen along the way."

For Womynhouse, Lisa is contributing pieces to the concept of "Loss of Innocence" as well as a piece for breast cancer. Her main piece for the show explores the over-sexualized media, present in our every day lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment