Saturday, September 17, 2011

Artist Profile: Arielle Saturne

Arielle Saturné
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Education: Psychology, Studio Arts

"I am a learner of life's experiences, I love art because it's the soul's expression at its purest state. An artist I crossed paths with once told me to never give up my art. To not do art is like feeding myself poison, we need it to live and survive. She was on the verge of tears when she told me this and I took it to heart and never let it go. I'm passionate because my heart won't let me be any other way..."


"The whole city is my playground. Any adventures this city renders I love. Flea markets, silent movies, roaming the streets at night, and poetry nights are a few of my favorite things. I love to show my scarred skin and tell stories of how life is always evolving. I hope I can do it forever."

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." -Kahlil Gibran

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

For Womynhouse, Arielle is dicussing sex trafficking through installation. She is also addressing body issues and photographing elements of human connection. 

1 comment: