Saturday, September 17, 2011

Artist Profile: Chin Onglatco


Chin Onglatco
Hometown: Cebu, Phillipines
Education: Visual Communications (Associates at FIDM), Current: Art History, Studio Arts


"As cliche as it sounds, art inspires me to create things. I love creating things, the more tedious the better. I absolutely love details and I'd like to say I have a keen eye for them. Just the whole idea behind coming up with great concepts and then seeing them executed is phenomenal. It's almost like seeing a person grow up." 
"I'm passionate about so many things! Fashion, art, films, music, FOOD... the whole lot really. I just love too many things. People around me inspire me, be it a famous designer or my friends or even just a stranger walking by. My grandmother and my mother are probably the most influential people in my life."


For Womynhouse, Chin has organized a collaborative installation with all the women in our show. She is also addressing the subject of "The Other Woman".

No comments:

Post a Comment