Saturday, September 17, 2011

Artist Profile: Elise Fleming

Elise Fleming


"My love for art began in rural Massachusetts where I spent my developmental years. The beauty of the world I lived in was of profound influence on my decision to focus my attention on aesthetics and the philosophy surrounding aesthetics. Despite knowing I wanted to be an artist, I never took art classes until college (which is good because half of art is forgetting what you know anyways)."

"The piece I am working on for Womynhouse is an exploration of perception and the distortion that negative ideas can produce. It seems it is the irrationality of human nature that allows us to get wound up into our problems until the issue becomes a point to which we compare everything else. My piece, loosely entitled "The Constant Edit", is composed of acrylic on canvas. I have been working on it for several months now and is still in its developmental phase. I am really excited to see how it comes out and also how it will relate to everything else in the show. There are so many good ideas being thrown into Womynhouse from so many directions and using so many mediums that the outcome will definitely be something substantial."
                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment